Warranty Field Tech
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Position Reports to: Warranty and Quality Assurance Manager
Onyx+East is a homebuilder that delivers well-crafted and designed homes in urban settings. We focus on building in walkable, lasting locations ensuring each property provides comfort, livability, convenience, and practicality. We are committed to serving our clients through offering a quality project, maintaining transparent communication, and encouraging a relationship, rather than a mere partnership. We are thinkers. We are visionaries. We are envelope pushers. We work towards ensuring our residents live with a sense of comfort, community, and sustainability.
The Warranty Field Technician is responsible for completing warranty and quality related services for our homeowners in closed units. This would include but not limited to managing trade partners conducting warranty service while also self-performing warranty repairs that do not fall under the scopes of our production trade partners or that are better handled internally rather than through a trade partner. May also include contacting and working with our homeowners to help in diagnosing and resolving warranty related requests. When not working on warranty related duties would also include assisting construction superintendents with various punch out work and construction site management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete warranty service repairs including drywall touch-ups, caulking, paint repairs and touch-ups; interior trim, cabinet, and door adjustments and/or repairs; various warranty punch out items.
- Assist Warranty Manager in developing and managing all O+E Warranty resources, processes, and budgets.
- Handle homeowner warranty requests in a professional manner, respond to homeowners within 24 hrs. and inspect issues when necessary, within 72 hrs.
- Evaluate homeowner requests to determine if repair is warrantable or considered a homeowner maintenance responsibility.
- Determine trade partner accountability for applicable back charges and PO’s.
- Update Warranty Superintendent at end of each day with status of scheduled service.
- Manage and assist trade partners with warranty repairs in closed units for both standard and 11-month services.
- Ensure all needed materials are on site for warranty repairs to be completed by trade partners and/or self-performance.
- Assist construction superintendents on overall site management helping to ensure clean appearance and organization in eyes of our homeowners, trade partners and the community.
- Complete punch out tasks such as installing construction handles, clean up, organizing materials, installing window and door components, adjusting doors, windows, cabinets, etc.
- Help ensure trade partners are completing punch lists while also maintaining quality and safety standards.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in interior and exterior home repairs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel)
- Extremely self-sufficient
- Knowledge of construction procedures and building codes
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational, time management, and planning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical skills and problem solving
- Valid Drivers License and Auto Insurance Coverage
- Dependable vehicle
- Tools are required to perform tasks