We’re innovative. We’re customer centric. We’re experience focused. We embrace the changing ideal of what and where people call home. We also believe in our formula for success – talented team collaborating with integrity, always executing, always innovating, while transforming neighborhoods and enhancing peoples’ lives.
Onyx+East is a full-service home builder including development, construction, marketing, design, and sales – focused on serving clients seeking walkable neighborhoods and homes that make their life more connected and convenient. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Onyx+East is comprised of inspired and industrious individuals who are passionate about active lifestyles, exceptional customer experiences and creating solutions for neighborhoods that positively impact communities.
The Construction Superintendent’s responsibility is to manage and supervise the field construction of assigned projects and to ensure the work schedule, project budget, and O+E quality standards are achieved. In the performance of this function, the Project Superintendent will be accountable for preconstruction and production activities of projects, managing trade partner relationships and work, homeowner communications and experience, along with maintaining overall jobsite cleanliness and safety.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide onsite leadership and establish effective working relationships with the trade partners to help promote a positive project morale.
- Ability to examine the construction drawings, specifications and addendums for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations.
- Update and maintain overall project schedule daily to ensure that the job progresses in accordance with projected completion dates.
- Perform multiple in line Quality Checks throughout the duration of the Project, inspect and verify all work performed meets O+E construction standards. Communicate issues with the subcontractors and oversee the management of those issues to be resolved promptly.
- Plan and review the O+E Construction SOPs including Quality Checks throughout the duration of the project, safety and security practices, temporary utilities, staging of materials and equipment, and manpower.
- Verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as a condition to beginning his work. This includes a Certificate of Insurance, a fully executed Subcontract or Master Service Agreement, and a Safety Program including all licensing to operate equipment required to perform their duties.
- Ensure that all required permits or licenses have been obtained and are posted on site along with all required safety notices.
- Cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to affect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
- Complete daily walk through for each project/unit verifying work has been completed and communicate issues/needs to the subcontractors and suppliers.
- Maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project including the homebuyers and the public officials.
- Schedule and perform meetings with the Homebuyers which include but are not limited to the Pre-construction meeting, Pre-drywall meeting, Orientation walk, and the Closing Walk.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction and/or site development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel).
- Extremely self-sufficient.
- Knowledge of construction procedures and building codes.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills and problem solving.
- Valid Drivers License and Auto Insurance Coverage.
Reports to: Director of Construction